Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Attitude changes already!

We're only a few days into our reading aloud and I'm already seeing attitudes change within our family. Initially Sarah (age 7) was a bit skeptical and she watched the clock a bit, wondering if our "10 minutes" was up yet. My first few sessions we done out of commitment rather than being something I wanted to do. Already we a both looking forward to the next session. I think the key is to find the right books. We're really enjoying Shipwrecked and since I expect to finsh it this week, we've started looking for the next one. Wind in the Willows is the current frontrunner.

Hannah (our 4 year old) is constantly bringing us books to read to her and she is REALLY enjoying it. Now I need to stop worrying about that time we've lost and make sure we don't fall back into our bad habit of being too busy to do it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?