Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Finished our first book!

We finished Shipwrecked! I highly recommend the story. It's definitely a case of truth being stranger than fiction. This would make a terrific movie.

We temporarily moved on to Wind in the Willows, but we were really struggling with it. The language is just a bit archaic for me and I was really struggling with it. After two sessions we agreed to move onto something else.

A week ago, I happened across Great Expectations while in Walgreens. I remember reading this story in Jr. High and I've always wanted to read it again. This particular version is from the Great Illustrated Classics. We read two chapters tonight and I might have read ahead. It's a riveting story and the abrigement is very good. I'm already looking at the list of titles available to determine where to go next. Wind in the Willows is part of this series also, so we might give that another try.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?