Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Read Aloud Evangelism

We met Sarah's third grade teacher today at the "getting ready for school ice cream social" (or something like that). I asked her if she reads out loud to the students and she said she does... everyday. Her master's work is in reading and she understands the important of Read Aloud, but has never heard of the Read Aloud Handbook. I'll be purchasing her a copy very soon. I wondered around the classroom and found the reading corner. She's done a very nice job of making it a cool place to be. It looked like she could use a little help building up the classroom library. I'm considering buying a set of these classics from Costco for her library. I'm also considering volunteering to come into class once or twice a week to read... perhaps at the beginning of the day or during lunch. I'm a little nervous about reading out loud in front of my daughter's class, but I'll just have to get over that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?